ARIANNA HUFFINGTON & BARBARALEE DIAMONSTEIN-SPIELVOGEL TO BE HONORED AT THE 2ND ANNUAL ELLY AWARDS LUNCHEON
The Women’s Forum of New York will present The 2nd Annual Elly Awards Luncheon benefiting The Education Fund of The Women’s Forum on Friday, May 18 at The Plaza Hotel in New York City. The awards, named for The Women’s Forum founder Elinor Guggenheimer, will honor outstanding women leaders.
The Elly Award Recipients (both in attendance) will be:
• Arianna Huffington, President and Editor-in-Chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, to be presented by Katie Couric, six time Emmy® Award winning journalist.
• Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel, Writer; Vice-Chair, NYSCA; Chair, Historic Landmarks Preservation Center, to be presented by Emily Rafferty, President of The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Gayle King, Emmy® Award winning journalist, will conduct a joint interview with the honorees preceding the presentation of the awards.
The Elly Awards will begin at 11:30 a.m. at The Plaza Hotel with a reception & VIP arrivals. The Luncheon and Presentation will be from 12:15 to 2:00 p.m.
The 2012 Elly Awards:
President: Doris P. Meister
Legendary Chairs: Lucy Jarvis, Muriel Siebert
Honorary Chair: Diana Taylor
Chairs: Carolyn Carter, Jane Chesnutt
Committee: Beverly Beaudoin, Beth Canavan, Patricia Hennessy Chadwick, Irene Cohen, Suzanne Dowling, Julie Greiner, Doris P. Meister, Barbara J. Friedman, Emita Hill, Amy Dorn Kopelan,
Liz Neumark, Denise V. Seegal, Eugenia Ulasewicz, Ilene Wachs, Linda A. Willett
SILVER ANNIVERSARY SPONSOR
Anonymous, The Loreen Arbus Foundation, Dede Thompson Bartlett,
The Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Chadick Ellig, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.,
Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., Ralph Lauren Corporation, Adam & Lenore Sender, Linda A. Willett
The Women’s Forum of New York:
The Women’s Forum of New York is New York's premier organization of women leaders comprised of the highest women achievers across all professional sectors from finance to fine arts.
They advance women's leadership three ways:
• Through core programing which provides personal and professional enrichment to our members
• Through the Education Fund which provides education awards to high potential women whose careers have been derailed by adversity
• Through their Board Initiative which expands and extends the contribution of women leaders through participation on corporate and civic boards.
The Education Fund is an educational and charitable arm of The Women’s Forum of New York, established under a separate corporate governance as a 501(c)3 tax deductible organization.
Since 1987, the Fund has helped mature women pursue educational goals and enhance their capacities to provide productive and supportive service to their communities. The Award recognizes extraordinary and often heroic effort in overcoming adversity and the most daunting of odds in restructuring lives for success.
Grants are awarded to women over the age of 35 who, after suffering great adversity and an interruption in their education, are now pursuing undergraduate college degrees. Students in this population are often single parents, economically disadvantaged and struggling with the rising costs of a college education. Over the past 23 years, over 120 women have been honored by The Education Fund
To become a sponsor or reserve a table/seat, please contact the Women's Forum of New York at:
11:30am - 2:00pm
Chairs: Carolyn Carter & Jane Chesnutt
Honorees: Arianna Huffington & Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel