- This event has passed.
6th Annual “Eight Over Eighty” Benefit Gala
March 4, 2020 @ 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM$250
The 6th annual EIGHT OVER EIGHTY benefit gala of The New Jewish Home celebrates eight trailblazers who, in their 80s and beyond, continue to live lives of remarkable achievement. This year’s honorees are: real estate entrepreneur and philanthropist Harold Grinspoon; The New Jewish Home’s own Marie Holley; first female governor of Vermont Madeleine May Kunin; private equity legend and bibliophile Sid Lapidus; global ambassador for American Jewish World Service and former Manhattan Borough President Ruth Messinger; world’s oldest yoga teacher (at 101) Tao Porchon-Lynch; renowned urban developer and essayist Daniel Rose; and acclaimed author and humorist Calvin Trillin.
Held in the Ziegfeld Ballroom, the event will be hosted by David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker. This year’s gala is expected to raise more than $1 million to support the mission of The New Jewish Home.
The New Jewish Home celebrates eight remarkable people who exemplify what it truly means to “Age Like a New Yorker” with meaning and purpose. The Eight Over Eighty benefit raises funds to support The New Jewish Home, a comprehensive health care system serving older adults since 1848.
This year’s gala benefit committee includes Lisa Lippman and Ben Finkelstein, Winnie and Steven Grinspoon, Susan and David Haas, Himan Brown Charitable Trust, Judy and Michael Luskin, Nancy and Morris Offit, Tamar Remz, Marcia Riklis, Klara and Larry Silverstein, and Diane Troderman.
For photos and complete bios of this year’s honorees, please visit https://jewishhome.org/about-us/events/eight-over-eighty/.
Reception: 6:30 pm
Dinner and Celebration: 7:30 pm
Dessert Buffet: 9:00 pm
Tickets start at $1,500 and can be purchased online at www.8over80.org.
• Diamond VIP: $50,000 – Best Table of 10: recognition in the evening’s printed materials; recognition on The New Jewish Home’s website. Name added to the Benefit Committee.
• Platinum Premium: $25,000 – Premium Table of 10: recognition in the evening’s printed materials; recognition on The New Jewish Home’s website. Name added to the Benefit Committee.
• Gold: $15,000 – Table of 10: recognition in the evening’s printed materials; recognition on The New Jewish Home’s website. Name added to the Dinner Committee.
• Prime Individual Seating: $2,500 – Recognition in the evening’s printed material.
• Individual Seating: $1,500 – Recognition in the evening’s printed material.
• Young Professional: $250 – Rising leaders under 40. Seating for one guest.
Your contribution, less than $150 per ticket, is tax deductible.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Lauren Leibowitz at LLeibowitz@jewishhome.org or 212-870-5010.