- This event has passed.
A MONKEY & A DUCK & A TORTOISE – OH MY!: Pet Memorial Park in Wantagh Hosts Guided Walking Tours of the Final Resting Places of Some of Its Most Interesting Permanent Residents
April 17 @ 2:00 PM - 2:45 PMFREE
Bideawee, one of the country’s oldest and most respected animal welfare and pet adoption organizations, is hosting guided walking tours of its Pet Memorial Park in Wantagh on Long Island. The guided tours, which will explore the grave sites of many beloved pets who call Bideawee their final resting place, will take place every third Saturday of the month starting on Saturday, April 17, 2021. The tours, led by Ray Cushmore, Chief Operating Officer and VP Finance and Administration at Bideawee, will feature:
· Sarge, a Belgian Shepherd and army hero of the WWII Canine Corps who was buried with full military honors;
· Checkers, the Cocker Spaniel credited with saving Richard Nixon’s political career in 1952;
· The many pets interred at the Kibbe Memorial belonging to Bideawee’s founder Flora D’Auby Jenkins Kibbe who designed and built America’s first no-kill Animal shelter in 1903;
· Fire Department Dalmatians;
· Seeing Eye Dogs; and
· a giant 125-pound tortoise; a duck; a capuchin monkey; petit horses; and others.
There will be a limit of 15 people per tour. All participants must register in advance and
Every 3rd Saturday of the month from 2:00pm – 2:45pm.
Saturday, April 17, 2021
Saturday, May 15, 2021
Saturday, June 19, 2021
Saturday, July 17, 2021
Saturday, August 21, 2021
Saturday, September 18, 2021
Saturday, October 16, 2021
Saturday, November 20, 2021
Bideawee Pet Memorial Park: 3300 Beltagh Avenue Wantagh, NY 11793
All participants must register in advance. To register, visit
www.bideawee.org/pet-memorial-park-walking-tour. Registration closes at 12pm the
Friday before the tour date. To find out more information, call 866-262-8133.