- This event has passed.
Bideawee’s Pet Memorial Park in Wantagh Launches Inaugural Self-Guided Walking Tours
June 28 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PMFree
Bideawee, one of the country’s oldest and most respected animal welfare and pet
adoption organizations, is launching the first-ever self-guided walking tours of its Pet Memorial Park in Wantagh on Long Island. Visitors are welcome to pick up a map and brochure outside the Pet Memorial Park office and tour the site Sundays-Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. starting Sunday, June 28, 2020.
Walkers will explore the grave sites of many beloved pets who call Bideawee their final resting place. The tour will feature:
• Sarge, a Belgian Shepherd and army hero of the WWII Canine Corps who was buried with full military honors;
• Checkers, the Cocker Spaniel credited with saving Richard Nixon’s political career in 1952;
• The many pets interred at the Kibbe Memorial belonging to Bideawee’s founder Flora D’Auby Jenkins Kibbe who designed and built America’s first no-kill Animal shelter in 1903;
• Fire Department Dalmatians;
• Seeing Eye Dogs; and
• a giant 125-pound tortoise; a duck; a capuchin monkey; petit horses; and others.
Sundays-Saturdays; 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. starting Sunday, June 28, 2020
Bideawee Pet Memorial Park: 3300 Beltagh Avenue Wantagh, NY 11793
To find out more information, call 866-262-8133.
MEDIA CONTACT ONLY:
Kim Esp; 516-901-2759 or email@example.com